The Doon Mozaic -About UsOUR INITIATIVE
The Doon Mozaic is a monthly online journal publishing social stories, interviews, heritage stories, editorials, columns, short fiction, poetry, arts and illustrations with photography with half yearly print issues. With a growing rate of support in Dehradun and Uttarakhand, The Doon Mozaic is first journal of its kind having quality based and unbiased level of publication strategy. Founded by Nitin Chandola, this initiative started in March 2016. The journal is run by young team of passionate individuals who work voluntarily. Apart from publishing, The Doon Mozaic is also eager to conduct events and meetings and sponsor as a media partner for literary events, art exhibition, talent hunts, science and technology events etc. across cities in Uttarakhand and neighborhood states.The first print anthology will be releasing in January 2017 (as the compilation is still in progress) and the team also have a system of readership article and photography system.
As a first English language monthly magazine, The Doon Mozaic aims to document, preserve and reveal the rich cultural, heritage and scenic beauty of the city and the state. Our objective is to revive the richness of the environment in uttarakhand and providing a platform to both young and aged to live there dream as an editor and writers of magazine this may help to bring the change in a state that is decaying by the gob of development, corruption and unbalanced social challenges. Above all to make readers, local personalities and events to grow that make living in Doon such a great experience.
1. To educate the people in general and youngsters in particular with the literary & cultural aspects of Dehradun.
2. To publicize the knowledge of historical facts, monumental evidences, lost heritage, declining mannerism and talent that dwell in Doon and Uttarakhand.
3. To restore the diminishing traditions of State and make every citizen a proud associate of uniqueness
4. To realize a holistic betterment of Dehradun through concentrated efforts of awareness and objective welfare.
5. To promote literature, art, dance, music, and other aspects of society so that the silent movement can be started against hypocrisy.